Name:
Location: Cowlitz County, Washington, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Photoblogging

I wanted to use some local photos for a class project, so I had to go out and take some. I discovered, when I tried to fill in the gaps in my project, that there aren't very many images of this area on the web, and they are mostly the glossy tourist images. So I'll be posting my own photos of Kelso and its neighbor Longview, good, bad, ugly. I don't have the equipment or the expertise to be a good photographer, but some of my results I like. Some are so-so but at least make the point. The first several will be in the "gritty" category because that's what I was after for my project, which attempted to illustrate Woody Guthrie's "Talkin' Washington Blues" with local and contemporary images.

All of the Kelso photos, so far, are just a short distance from my home. The group below are all of a mural on the side of the Kelso Eagles building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home