Name:
Location: Cowlitz County, Washington, United States

Friday, September 30, 2005

Katrina Truck -- belated update

I had computer problems for a while; I still can't read the disk with the photos I had developed.

However, here's the text version of the update that I would have posted online on September 9 if I could have....

The truck arrived in Houston the morning of September 9 and was able to drive straight to the Astrodome to unload. At that time, Vancouver, WA was the furthest location to send actual supplies. The drivers signed on as volunteers at the Astrodome for the day; Chantielle had to fly home, but the others were able to stay for a while and then drive the truck back.

Lots of people worked very hard to make this trip a success--I know your efforts were appreciated at the other end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home